Monthly Archives: January 2015
Welcome to week #4 of Wild Workout Wednesday!! We would love to hear what you have been up to lately. If you would like to submit your post, click on the blue box below. Click here for instructions on the linkup. Also don’t forget to grab the Wild Workout Wednesday badge from my sidebar.
I have been on a fruit kick lately and I love to mix it up by making smoothies. You can make this smoothie with pretty much any kind of fruit but I used a mango, blueberries and strawberries. This is a very easy and quick recipe.
Handful of blueberries
Handful of strawberries
1. Cut the mango in slices and blend with 1 tbsp of almond milk
2. Blend the blueberries and strawberries separately (without and liquid)
3. Place mango, blueberries and strawberries in 3 separate bowls.
4. With a spoon place the blended mango in a glass, then repeat with the blueberries and strawberries
5. Do not pour into glass if you want the rainbow effect. If you pour the colors will bleed together.
Tip: Chill fruit before you blend it for a delicious chilled smoothie Enjoy!!
Leave a message below in the comments if you try this recipe. What types of smoothies do you like to make?? I would love to hear!
Who’s ready for Wild Workout Wednesday today?? To add your post click on the blue box below and for instructions click here. Can’t wait o read everyone’s posts!! 🙂 Don’t forget to grab the Wild workout wednesday button from my sidebar.
I have recently been able to cut out my daily supplements and get my daily dose of dense nutrition from a shake that I normally eat for lunch. For a busy mom spending time in the kitchen is not always possible. I love that I can blend this shake is 2 min and my lunch is ready! Shakeology allows me to get my daily servings of fruits, veggies, carbs, protein, etc. This shake has CURED all of my stomach issues that I have been experiencing since I was about 10 years old. I had horrible reflux/acid problems most of my life. In the beginning I was able to control it by eliminating certain types of foods from my diet. It eventually got so bad I had to get on strong prescription medication. Over the years I have tried countless natural remedies because I was trying to avoid pills. I like to go the more natural route for these types of things. NOTHING I tried worked. So I eventually said the pills are my only choice. I found shakeology about 7 months ago and I decided to try it. If I didn’t like it after the first 30 days, I could get my money back. What did I have to lose?
After taking the shake for about a week, my stomach started to feel better. I decided to start taking my pills every other day and test my stomach. Eventually I stopped my pills completely and I just take the shake every day now. Shakeology is now my medicine for my stomach. This shake is Amazing and it works. I went out of town for 6 days a few months ago and I forgot to bring my shake with me. After the 2nd day of not drinking it I felt horrible. As soon as I got home I started drinking it again and my stomach was back to normal. I’m not the only person that has had success with Shakeology. I know of many other people that have benefited from this shake. The ingredients in Shakeology are amazing:
More than 70 super-nutritious ingredients.
- Proteins, Vitamins, and Minerals – to help reduce hunger andfood cravings.
- Antioxidants and Phytonutrients – to helpdetoxify and protectthe body against free radical damage.
- Adaptogen Herbs – to helpincrease energy and combat stress.
- Prebiotics, Probiotics, Fiber, and Digestive Enzymes – toaid digestion and promote regularity.
This shake is great for your overall health. What do you have to lose? If you don’t like it, you can get your money back in 30 days. Feel free to leave any questions you have in the comments section below.
Have a great day!
It’s that time again for our Wild Workout Wednesday linkup! To add your post to the linkup click on the blue box below and for instructions please click here. As always, the topic is optional. I’m going to give you some facts about myself and hopefully you can learn a little bit about me. J
- I am an only child– Eventhough I’m an only child, I never felt lonely because I have a HUGE extended family. I am very close to my cousins and I think of them as my siblings. When we were younger my cousins used to come and spend some time with me over the summer break.
- I loved watching the TV show Sons of Anarchy- I’m embarrassed to admit this but I used to watch it very week with my husband. Those of you who know me know that I don’t watch shows like that. I think I enjoyed the suspense and the twists and turns of the show.
- I have over 200 family members in my hometown- My mom’s dad was the oldest of 12 children. Out of those 12, nine of them and their families live in my hometown. I LOVE having a huge family. We are always celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, etc. together. I love being around a lot of people and chatting with everyone!
- I love the color pink- I am very girly (I love makeup and fashion). I guess you could say I love fitness, fashion and makeup. J I think pink is a fun color and it reminds me of a field of flowers.
I would love to hear some facts about you!! List a few below. 🙂
Welcome to my Friday favorites! I am always game for trying new things(fashion, fitness, food, etc) and I love to support anyone I can. I’m so excited that the weekend is here and it’s relaxation time!! Before I start my weekend, I would like to share a few of my favorite items I‘m loving right now.
I have been looking at Jala exercise clothes for a while now and I loved what I saw online. I just bought my first outfit from there and I love it. The pants fit very well and true to size and I LOVE the design. The material is SO soft, which is very important to me. It’s very comfortable to wear while working out. I recommend this brand to everyone!
I love anything to do with fashion and fitness. Jewelry and shoes are my weakness. J I really enjoy wearing big statement necklaces with little earrings or sometimes no earrings at all. Amrita Singh has amazing jewelry. You will definitely make a statement if you wear anything from them. I bought this necklace a while ago but I just recently wore it out and I got so many compliments on it. I actually wore it with a plain red blouse and I loved the look. Isn’t it beautiful!!??
As I said one of my passions is fitness and I’m always looking for new types of workouts. I recently discovered Max 30 with Shaun T as your trainer. He is an amazing trainer and he really knows what he’s talking about. J I have just ended my 2nd week in this program and I’m seeing amazing results. It is definitely a challenge and it’s a tough workout. No Pain, No Gain!! 🙂 I feel great after I finish the workout.
Comment below and let me know what some of your Friday favorites are. Hope to hear from you soon! J
I love to take unhealthy recipes of my favorite foods and create my own healthy recipe. I love loaded baked potatoes but I don’t love the extra calories and pCrocessed ingredients. I have created my version of a healthy baked potato just for you! Send me a message and let me know if you enjoyed the recipe!
4 Bell Peppers
3 large Sweet Potatoes
½ cup Guacamole
Handful of Cilantro
3 chopped Green Peppers
Salt to taste
½ cup chopped Basil Leaves
Salsa to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Place slit in sweet potatoes and put in microwave for 15 min
Scoop out inside of sweet potato and place in mixing bowl
Add all of the other ingredients (except bell peppers and salsa) and mix together
Cut off top part of the bell pepper and clean out the inside
Place sweet potato mixture inside the bell peppers
Place the stuffed bell peppers in the oven for about 20- 30 min
Check oven frequently to make sure it doesn’t burn
Take out of oven and add salsa on top
I’m so excited, today we launch our FIT blog party! We will be discussing workout tips, motivation, inspiration, healthy recipes and much more! We would love for you to join us every Wednesday for a Wild Workout Wednesday link up and be a part of the FIT family! The topic every week will be optional. Feel free to write about anything fitness, health or nutrition related. I can’t wait to read everyone’s posts!
Meet your Wild Workout Wednesday hostesses
Here are the rules to join in:
1) Follow your host and co-hosts in any way you can!
2) Link up with a fitness or healthy living post. It can be something you just posted or a favorite from your archives as long as it is fitness or healthy living related. Feel free to link up to 3 posts.
3) Snag our awesome Wild Workout Wednesday Button from my sidebar to make sure to link back to the post on our blogs:
4)Make sure to leave a comment on the host and co-hosts link up post.
5)Click on the blue bar below titled ” click to view and add your links” to submit your post.
6)Visit at least 2 other blogs in the link up and leave a comment!
7) Share the love…post with the #wildworkoutwednesday on your posts to share this awesome link up and spread the word. Sharing is caring! You can also tag @angelenamarie1, @boldfitmom, @pretty_in_pink_fitness and @fitfoodiemama on social media sites.
Be sure to watch for our first link up post scheduled for 1/7/2015. Feel free to follow us to stay up to date on the link up.