Thursday’s Dinner Recipe
We got back late Monday night from DC and I did not have any time to meal prep for the week. That doesn’t mean that I have to eat unhealthy. It has definitely been a challenge all week to eat healthy because I did not have the meals prepared beforehand. Lucky, I have been able to keep up with my nutrition.
Tonight we had a sweet baked potato, chicken and broccoli. It was very simple, easy and quick to cook. I also used very few ingredients for this meal.
Sweet potato (baked):
- Make a vertical slit in the potato
- Place in the microwave for about 10-15 min
- Place following toppings on Potato: guacamole, cilantro, picante sauce and nutritional yeast (adjust amount to your desired taste)
- Make slits in chicken
- Sprinkle flavor god seasoning (spicy and everything) on chicken
- Squeeze 1 lemon on chicken and rub with hands
- Let chicken mixture marinade in fridge for about 2-3 hrs
- Cook on stovetop until meat is fully done
- I don’t use oil but you can use a little coconut oil
The broccoli is steamed and I added the flavor god seasonings after it was cooked. I also added a few sweet peppers. This is one of my favorite meals to make because its healthy, delicious and quick.
What are some of your healthy dinner recipes? Let me know in the comments below.