Lemon shrimp with spiralized zucchini
Being a busy mom of a six month old, I know how hectic life can get. It is sometimes difficult to cook a meal, let alone a healthy meal. In the past few moths I have thought of some quick and healthy meals to cook for my family. I will be sharing some of those with you within the next few weeks. The first one I would like to share with you in Lemon shrimp with spiralized zucchini.
- 2-3 small zucchinis
- 2 cups of shrimp
- Bell Peppers (adjust amount to your taste)
- 1 handful of basil
- Flavor God spices ( I used spicy and everything seasoning)
- 1 lemon
- Spiralizer (I bought mine here)
- coconut oil (you can use any type of oil )
- Squeeze lemon and sprinkle seasoning on shrimp and let it marinade for about 20-30 min
- Use the spiralizer to to make zucchini into strips
- Cut bell peppers and basil into little pieces. Set aside basil till the end
- Saute bell peppers and shrimp in coconut oil until soft and cooked
- Add zucchini to bell peppers and shrimp and be careful it is not overcooked. If overcooked it will get soggy.
- After everything is cooked you can add more seasoning if desired
- Add basil for garnish
This recipe is husband and kid (my 11 year old cousin) approved. 🙂 This would be a great recipe to cook in batches while meal prepping. As we all know meal prepping is very beneficial for busy moms. I try to do meal prepping at least 1 a week and I cook enough for about 5 days. If you try this recipe please comment below and let me know how it turned out!